There is a Better Way
About Challa Law in Virginia Beach
Litigation has traditionally been the only option to resolve legal matters. Challa Law was formed with the vision that mediation is a more effective tool for conflict resolution.
Ms. Challa has a unique background in counseling, law and mediation. This combination of empathy, legal training, and practical people skills has enabled her to be an effective communicator, facilitator and advocate.
She graduated with a B.A in Psychology and a minor in Womenâ€™s Studies and worked as a counselor in an outpatient treatment center for 5 years. In this position she counseled adults and juveniles facing behavioral, educational, legal, and substance abuse issues. She also conducted individual, family and group therapy. Although this experience provided a compassionate outlet for helping others, Ms. Challa desired a more active role in advocating for those in need and pursued legal studies.
During law school, Ms. Challa was recognized for distinguished oral advocacy in the first year, as well as an award for exceptional job performance in working for the school law library. She worked in the Family Law Unit of Legal Aid. In this position she worked closely with clients dealing with divorce, custody, and visitation issues. After graduation, she worked as a contract attorney for 3 years for a large corporate law firm.
After moving to the Hampton Roads area, Ms. Challa obtained certification from the Supreme Court of Virginia as a mediator and has been mediating cases for over 10 years. These included highly emotional and complex cases such as landlord-tenant, contract disputes, corporate issues, protective orders, and neighborhood disputes. From her extensive experience in court, Ms. Challa began to understand the power of mediation and its potential for change. This power was most evident in the area of Family Law due to the intensity of the emotions involved, and the likelihood of lasting negative impact on children.
When Ms. Challa is not helping clients resolve their legal issues, she can be found giving back to students and the community. Ms. Challa enjoys teaching and has taught legal courses as adjunct faculty at a local college. She has been given an award for superior teaching and professionalism.
Challa Law is committed to giving back to the community. She often participates by volunteering and fundraising to help children and families in the Hampton Roads area.
- Virginia Mediation Network
- Virginia State Bar, Court Improvement Program (CIP), Guardian ad litem liaison
- Virginia State Bar, Special Committee on Lawyer Well Being
- Virginia Beach Bar Association
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- Virginia Court Improvement Program (CIP)
- Special Committee on Lawyer Well-Being
- Virginia Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Chair, Lawyer Wellness Committee
- Virginia Bar Association, Commission on the Needs of Children
- Young Lawyers Divison
- Chair of the Lawyer Wellness Committee
- Commission On the Needs of Children and the Chesapeake Bar Association, Vice President.
- Best Practice Committee, Guardian ad litem, Suffolk Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court
- Chesapeake Bar Association, President
Hetal Challa, Challa Law PC
Challa Law can provide you with the personal care and attention needed to understand your circumstances in and out. We are also well experienced in family law and guardian ad litem, bringing the perspective of the children’s best needs to your case.Get in Touch